Monday, April 21, 2008

So much to tell

Back on the farm... life is as crazy and wonderful as always.

A week ago was the school musical, The Music Man. It was a fantastic performance. Kelly has the 'mom attitude' perfect. The leads were wonderful and it was a great show. I loved watching the students do 'the Shipoopy'.

The Band Parent Association (BPA) did concessions. The president of the association and I split the duties with Juniors and Seniors providing for Friday and Freshman and Sophomores for Saturday. It worked out really well. It only took us 4 years to get it right.

This past week was the big push for the Golden Splendor. I was the chair for the first time. It was a success! We had wonderful food, catered by a local restaurant. There were lots of good things to bid on in the silent and live auctions. All my kids were at the event, either working or as a guest. There was soft jazz in the background. It was great.

We worked so hard to get everything together. DH went to pick up tables on Friday. Kelly helped us set up on Friday evening. We were all set up by 10, a new record! Usually it is an all night event.

Saturday I spent the morning trying to decide what to wear. I settled on the black fringed skirt, a white blouse and red cowboy boots. It's a country school, so it works. Even if it didn't this is my style.

Once there, I was sooo nervous, until people started showing up. We had about 180 people show up. It was wonderful. The past chair told me I did a great job, which makes me SOOO happy.

So, what did I end up buying? Well... there was a framed print called American Gothic, but not the classic one. This is the one has a gothic teen. It is so funny and DH thought Kelly should have it.

Then there was the Jets sweatshirt. I found out I was bidding against a friend, so I gave it to her. I have a closet full of Jet gear. She kept offering to pay for it. I told her it's a gift, just take it and love it.

Finally, there is the Cascade ripple throw in ivory. http://www.cascadeyarns.com/patternsFree/C177_DiVeRipplingThrow.pdf

Now I need to decide what two skeins of Cascade 220 to go with it. I thought I would bring it back next year to auction off.

Well, the next events are Prom and FFA Banquet. It will be the 50th anniversary of FFA at Northeastern, so they are having a special celebration.

For now, I am going to lunch.

No comments: