Tuesday, January 10, 2012
So, I completed an infinity scarf for Barbara on December 22, while watching Baylor wrestle at the Catholic Central Irish Holiday tournament. He placed 2nd at that tournament. Amazingly so did Cole Howard.
At the Lima Central Catholic tournament on December 30, he didn't do very well, going 3 and 2. He did get his 100th win in, though. I worked on another infinity scarf, this one for Mom. Didn't finish either.
At the Mechanicsburg/ Greenview/ NE tri meet January 5, he went 1 and 1, beating Greenview, but not the 'Burg. He did elbow Tilley in the nose, though and bloodied his nose pretty good. I worked on the scarf some more. Cole got his 100th win and they are now tied at 101 each.
January 7 was the Clark County Clash. Baylor went 5 and 0 with 4 pins and won the tournament for his weight class. It was GLORIOUS!!! Cole did the same thing and they are still tied. It was great that both of them have placed the same in both tournaments. Hopefully, they will continue. I really believe that now that both have their 100th win, they will do better, because the rest is all icing on the cake. I finished the infinity scarf and started a tea cozy, that I promptly ripped out. Still cannot decide what to make for the Christmas party, but I believe it will be the Dead Fish hat - since it's funny.
Next is the Shawnee Super Tri on January 11. It should be pretty good.
Wednesday, January 4, 2012
But in my world, the new year brings new opportunities. I am looking to do some projects around my house and work on some self-improvement. If the world does end, my house is gonna be ready for it.
So here is my list. Not really resolutions, but just things I want to accomplish in 2012.
- Bedroom Closet organization - I want to put up new shelves on each end for folded clothes, baskets, whatever. Use double hanging on the sides for various shirts, skirts and pants. I only want about 4' of standard hanging for the few dresses I own. This will also help me re-evaluate what we have in our closet and perhaps give me NEW clothes that I haven't seen in years.
- Gift wrap station - Yes, its a little excessive, but I have a gift wrap station in the basement. Actually, it has turned into about 4' of gift wrapping area with a lot of other stuff on the table. It needs gone through, stuff needs to be either pitched, sold or donated. I have tons of ribbon and gift wrap and once it's all organized I'll be able to wrap stuff like nobody's business.
- Laundry Room - I know, this is on my list every year, but with the washing machine floods of the summer, it is deperately needed. I will wait until Ethan goes back to school, since having this stuff all through the house will make him CRAZY! Currently, I am looking at March to get this done.
- Garage Cleaning - I wanted to be able to park in the garage this winter, but it looks like another year of parking outside. Steve said he was going to do this, but if it's not done by April/May - it becomes my job. I really need a roll-off.
- Christmas Decorations - Ethan put away the decorations last year and I had a hard time finding everything this year. I plan on taking down the tree and packing up everything January 14 - 15. I've already started on this.
These items are downsizing measures. There are tons of things we no longer need and although a lot of the cleaning and organization above is part of that, this will go towards it as well.
- Swap cleanup - I've been doing swaps for years and have them EVERYWHERE. I want to mark special items/ yarn from swaps so I know where it came from and incorporate it into my regular stuff.
- Hats and gloves - there is always a need for these items and we have far too many hats and gloves. Steve is obsessed with them and constantly buys them. I am going to donate the ones we don't use to an organization - maybe our church.
- Stuff under the living room cabinet - I'm not even sure what is under there or in the drawers, but it needs to be resolved. There is some paper, some swaps, photos, etc. etc.
These items will make our home better and just need done:
- Shelves for bookcases - I love my new Ikea bookcases, but I need some additional shelves. I believe 4 15" and 2 30" will be sufficient.
- Put up mantle - My sisters bought me a mantle years ago and it is sitting in the basement. I think August or September would be a good time to paint the living room and put up this mantle.
- Change door locks - Our door locks are serviceable, but have 'glitches' in them. The one on the front door is bent, the one on the back door is falling apart. My goal is to replace one every other month until I have new door locks all around.
Stuff for the soul. These items are just stuff I do to make myself happy:
- Start Christmas presents now so I have a few hand-made items for family members.
- Knit a hat a month for the church so they have hats to give out with their coats.
- Work on at least 3 knitted items for ME!
- Turn 53 with less weight on my body than I have now. This will mean going to Zumba again and watching what I eat.
I think that's about it. Best wishes in your new year. I wish you all health and well-being in the coming months.