Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Balancing Act

You know those weeks when everything needs to be done at once? This is one of those weeks. I started out fairly certain I could get it all done, but now am not so sure.

Kelly is having dress rehearsals for the Music Man this week. I cannot wait for the weekend. Of course, she needs stuff before Friday. Her hair had to be dyed one color (it is now semi-sweet chocolate brown) and some undergarments that will work for a white blouse. Not a color she usually wears, so not an issue, usually.

We are 10 days from the Golden Splendor. In these last few days, we are soliciting donations. I have been to three places so far and received donations from all of them. Also, am trying to see if anyone else wants a reservation for the dinner. It should be yummy, with roasted pecan chicken, steamed green beans, twice baked potato cassarole, tossed salad and turtle or raspberry cheesecake. I need to call the caterer to see if we can extend the reservation count.

I was going to have dinner with Ruth, a friend I met in a devotional. I had to cancel because of all the other stuff going on. I told her we would try in two weeks.

Of course, the afghan I am knitting is no where near finished. Ah, well, maybe it will be completed next year.

Ethan has baseball this week, a game everyday between now and Saturday. I went to the first actual game last night. Before then, I was only at an inning or two along the way.

Then, on top of everything else, our Band Parent president reminds me we have concessions for the play! I am to call all the freshman and sophomores to ask for baked good donations and a few workers for the concession on Saturday.

Well, only one more week and then I can relax. Only 18 more hours to work this week!

No comments: