Friday, August 1, 2008

still no photos

but some really great stories.

As everyone knows, you get a lot of teens together and tell them to behave, they don't. The fair is no exception.

Hmmm.... where to begin.... well, Ethan broke up with his long-time girlfriend Morgan. We will see how this goes, but there was a lot of fighting, animals were threatened and overall mayhem. More on that story later.

Several of the last-year kids were arrested the last night of the fair for various things. Underaged drinking, fighting, etc. Good thing this is their last year. Our fair has a strict policy. Any illegal activities and the following happens: Your animal sells for market price only and is removed from the fairgrounds, you are asked to remove yourself from the fairgrounds, you are ineligible to show an animal at the next fair.

I am not saying my kids are perfect, but they managed to stay out of too much trouble last week. WHEW!

I received my second Summer of Yarn Love goodie box. I really love swaps and will have to find another after this one ends. Anyway, my spoiling swapper sent the following: A small rooster tray perfect for desktop catchall, several beautiful notepads, I am always looking for notepads, a pattern for a lace scarf, June is for Jag from Ravelry, and 3 beautiful skeins of Berroco Seduce. Yes the same yarn the Harlot recently made her tank in. It is in the Chana Dal colorway and is beautiful and soft. I cannot wait to start on it! The scarf pattern will be perfect and it will be a great light weight scarf to wear in the fall or early spring. Of course, gold is always good. I love the color. Kelly, who doesn't even like gold colors, loves it.

1 comment:

Myownigloo said...

Long time no see. Looks like you've had your hands full!