Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February blues

Wow! I was just reviewing my annual goals. What have I accomplished? Zip. As they say: if you want to see God laugh, tell him your plans.

In this case, He said "that's nice, but I have other plans for you". So, I've been messing around trying to get my mom to a state of wellness for the last 5 weeks. She's had doctor appointments every week. I don't mind going, it just takes sooooo much out of the day. I believe we will find a leveling off soon, though.

Add to this the end of Baylor's wrestling season - the busiest part of the season - with the OHC's and Sectionals coming up. I'm not missing any of that. I need to watch my boys wrestle, as this will be the last for a while.

Then, I have sisters coming and telling me what I need to give up, what I need to do, etc. etc. Perhaps instead of telling me what I need to do, they should just come in and say 'I'll do it for this amount of time'. That would be much more helpful. My older sister would shit a chicken if she knew how much I was doing that I DIDN"T mention to her.

Finally, my coworker is on vacation. This may sound kind of odd, but that means that I am trying to do her job and mine on a daily basis. It is usually a quiet time of the year, but I have been slammed with stuff to do from her side of the room. Just when I think I am 'caught up' - SLAM! Another big project, or one that is sensitive.

So, what have I accomplished on my list? Well, let's review:

1. Bedroom Closet : Still a mess, probably more so now as I just throw everything in the bottom. I told DH I was going to re-do it in March.

2. Gift Wrap Station: Haven't looked at it since Christmas

3. Laundry Room: Nada

4. Garage: Nada

5. Christmas: About where I was last time I wrote about it.

1. Swap Cleanup: Well, I look at it every day, does that count?

2. Hats & Gloves: Honestly, this is a late-summer project.

3. Living Room cabinet: Yep, nothing going on here either.

1.Shelves for bookcases: I was going to start this in March, so it doesn't count.

2. Mantle: August/ Sept - again doesn't count. Also, I was afraid we were going to loose the house, so what was the use?

3. Doork Locks: I need to get this done. I hate that back door lock not working correctly.

1. Christmas presents: Yeah, right. I haven't finished one from LAST Christmas.

2. Knit a hat a month : Well, technically I got one done, but it brought such bad luck for the team, I sent it far far away.

3. knitting for me: Have yarn grouped together to get started, just have to start.

4. Weigh less: Well, as a stress eater, it has not been good. I was going to do Zumba at work, but just cannot fit it in to my schedule.

As you can see, pretty much I have made zero progress. Perhaps after the season is over it will be easier. I know my sisters want to work on Mom's house, but it won't be every weekend, and if it is, they can just spend a few without me.

Ah, well. Off to dream about knitwear yet to be made.

No comments: