Thursday, February 16, 2012

At an end

Well, we are at the end of it... the end of wrestling season, the end of Baylor's senior year, the end of having kids in the public school system.



Wow, who would've guessed. When you hold these little babies in your arms, it seems like they will always be little. On the nights they don't sleep and all you want is a few hours rest, you think it will never happen. Then all at once, your babies are all grown. I know it sounds like such a cliche, but it is true.




We were looking at Baylor's photo album the other night. He's really good at keeping it up, it's not me, that's for sure. There were photos of him with every calf he ever showed: his little brown swiss, Three Spot, Patrick, BooBoo, all of them. There are multiple photos of Baylor asleep. Apparently he's slept the same way all his life: flat on his back with his mouth open. We have baby photos of it and here is one from last year's fair.


Hopefully, we will have another week of wrestling... if he makes it out of sectionals. Cross your fingers and hope for it folks. I'm not quite ready to end it yet. I need to get a photo montage ready for the FFA Banquet coming up in a few weeks. I want to get photos ready for the coaches. I need to tell Baylor that I'll take him, Cole and Justin to lunch when they come over for graduation practice.


So I guess the next step for me is to find some stuff to keep me busy for the next few years. I've already told all my kids that when they have kids don't be surprised to hear me whispering to them 'Grandma will come watch you do whatever you want, but I like football and wrestling best.'







No comments: