Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Love it or leave it?

Ok, so do you love the Christmas season? or do you have the same old excuses I've heard for years? Too commercial, too much glitz, too everything.

I love the Christmas season. Now my kids don't get tons of stuff. Quite honestly, they don't need it. They get a few gifts from us, and one or two from each of my sisters and their grandmother. Not lots of stuff. I don't give out lots either. I don't see a need for it.

I like Christmas cards, both sending and receiving. I love Christmas carols, almost all of them.

Christmas season to me isn't about the gifts, although I do make a lot of goodies for family members. To me, it's about time spent with people. Going to Cambridge to meet my sister, Lou, for lunch and to wish each other a wonderful holiday. Going to Barb's home for Thanksgiving dinner and dropping all the rolls on the floor. Laughing so hard our tummys hurt. Meeting up with neighbors.

I like to go shopping at this time of year as well. I am the crazy lady wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. Smiling and asking other people their opinion. Just enjoying myself and whoever is with me.

So when you are out shopping or whatever this year, I suggest when you wait in line at the register, talk to the people around you. At the post office ask the person behind you if they are having a good day. Then really listen to the answer. Ask questions, tell people to have a happy holiday, enjoy yourself.

No comments: