Monday, December 29, 2008

Five golden rings

Today is the fifth day of Christmas. Did you get your five golden rings? How was your holiday? Did you have family and friends around? Did you enjoy yourself? Eat to much? Have a great time?

I know our family did. I am being a little more reflective on our lives than usual. We have a young man who is a friend of Kelly's living with us. This is the first holiday he has known in years. He sometimes doesn't know what to think of all our doings. Our family gatherings, our joy of each other, our occasional spats followed by everything being OK. It's kind of weird.

He thought I hated him because Kelly wasn't helping much, but the reality is that it wasn't him, it was Kelly. She made me mad because she wouldn't go by the schedule. The cleaning schedule that so needs to be kept up during the holidays. Everyone has their part and if it isn't done, we all suffer.

Ah, well, everything was great despite the corner mess.

I didn't quite get my knitting completed, but had a few other goodies for my sisters and will send off the completed items as soon as they are completed. Of course, as it always does, now that the holiday is over, the knitting goes much faster. Hopefully I will have all the items completed by the end of the month.

The only bad thing that happened was mine. I was moving a hot crock pot and spilled hot bar b que sauce on my leg. I also tried to catch the crock pot and burned my hand. So as I sit and type, I have a big burn on my right hand and a similar one on my left leg. Luckily Mom had silvadene cream and I have been applying it religiously. It is healing, but still quite tender.

Hope you all had a great holiday.

1 comment:

Myownigloo said...

I haven't meant to be negligent, just very little time for being online!

Sorry about your family drama, but that's what the holidays are all about, right?

Hope your arm and leg are better. Kisses.

Did you see the seafoam baby booties on my blog recently? I made them with the soy yarn you gave me.