Thursday, January 2, 2014

New starts and snowy days

So, here we are at a new year.  I love new starts - the opportunity to think about what you would change in your life.  If you could change anything about yourself, what would you choose?  To lose weight?  Organize? Purge? Quit procrastinating?  All of the above?  That is what I want to do.  I also want to be more grateful for all the things in my life.  One of my goals is to be grateful and try to seek out the good in life.

I am a naturally upbeat person.  Many think it's because I am uninformed, maybe even a bit daft.  Its just the way I am wired.  I could look at life and see things that are negative, but I chose not to - to look at the way things could be and the bright side of the event.  Oh, sure, I have times that I get down, overloaded, all too sad, but I don't stay there long.

Here are my two grateful things so far:

January 1
I am grateful for my friends that I can go and play with for an evening.  They got me out of the house yesterday before a snow storm and allowed me to enjoy some time without my family.  I love my family dearly, but just needed a break.

January 2
I am grateful for snow.  I love snow, even when it causes travel issues.  There is something very exciting about snowy weather.  The chance for a snow day always hides in the back of my mind.  I don't get them very often any more, but I still can dream.  Even when you are at work, there is a change in the air on a snowy day.  You feel like you live in a snow globe.

Knitting goal:
As always, I have goals for knitting.  This month I am finishing my Christmas gifts, hopefully before the 7th.  I am also working on the Age of Steam and Brass shawl.  It's an easy shawl so I am doing it in bright colors. I need to finish a WIP, but that remains to be seen.

Household goal:
I need to finish cleaning the living room this weekend.  Maybe even get the tree and some other decorations taken down.  I think I'll get another tote or two to be sure I have good ones for the Christmas stuff.  Maybe do some moving around - move yarn out of clear totes into colored ones, move Christmas stuff into clear totes.  I don't have much up that needs taken down, but do have a few things that need completed.

I would say that takes care of at least three areas of my life for my resolutions.  I need to look for text  books and see if renting would be cheaper than buying.  It would have to be significant to make it worth my time, but for now, I believe it's time for some ice cream.

No comments: